There are some foods which are either new to us, or which
were less known. But thanks to the ‘marketing by the companies’, they
are now well known. We are listening about these super foods since few
years only- do they really exist or what are these super foods?
Let us see-
What do you mean by super food?
- Super food are foods that have a very high nutritional
density. This mean that they provide a substantial
amount of nutrients and very few calories.
- Worst part is that companies are using this word- ‘SUPER FOOD’
just for marketing their products-claiming as follow
- Super food for fat loss
- Super food to reduce cholesterol
- Super food for diabetes
- Super food for increasing immunity
And you guys start taking them without any advice. You
think that they are good for all.
However, it is not true. These super foods are
not beneficial for all. In fact, they can even be harmful
to you. let us understand this with example:
Alfalfa has many health benefits like:
- It is good laxative for constipation
- It helps in urinary tract infection
- It is also rich in amino acid, vit b6, vit-E, calcium,Magnesium & beta carotene.
However, if you are suffering from autoimmune disease like
Lupus, alfalfa can aggravate it!
So, the truth is that-
ALL SUPER FOOD ARE NOT BENEFICIAL TO EVERYONE. SOME
SUPER FOOD CAN EVEN HARM A FEW!
It is a good idea to consult your dietitian before
Consuming any super food on your own especially
If you are suffering from any systemic disease which is
Difficult to treat!
That’s all for today
See you next Tuesday
With another Tuesday tip
Providing simple solutions for the complexities of life
Dr Bhumita Makwana
Your dietitian & homoeopathic physician.