You get dry hair when your scalp does not produce enough oil & moisture to
maintain your hair’s normal sheen & texture.
Let us see the reasons for your dry & damaged hair:
You are born with curly & fizzy hair which tends
to be dry because it is overly porous.
You may be using very harsh shampoo which
strip your sebaceous (oil generating)
glands in your scalp. Also, frequent washing of
your hair can make your hair dry.
- Hair dryer:
Too much of blow drying & chemical treatments
makes your hair dry.
Poor diet leads to deficiency in some nutritional
factors which help to keep your hair
moisten from the root. It is important to keep
your hair stronger from inside. And, that can
occur through healthy diet.
Your food is your medicine
for Dry Hair & Damaged Hair:
Let us see the nutrients which are more beneficial for your hair-
- Protein is the building block that helps to
strengthen your hair from roots
- Lack of protein makes your hair brittle.
- Having good quality protein helps to repair
your damaged hair.
Good vegetarian sources of protein are:
- Chia seed
# Omega -3
- It is good fats which helps to nourish your
sebaceous gland. Thus, moisturizing your hair
from inside out.
- A lack of essential fats leads to dry hair
Good vegetarian sources of omega-3 are:
- Flax seeds
- You are aware that calcium is good for
your teeth and bone health.
- It also helps to keep your hair strong from
inside and helps in regrowth of your hair.
Good vegetarian sources of calcium are:
- Cauliflower leaves
- Custard apple
- Sesame seed
- It is tonic for your hair which helps to protect
your hair from sun & environmental chemicals.
Good vegetarian sources of biotin are:
- Sweet potato
- Hydrate your body by taking adequate amount of water daily.
- Lack of water intake can lead to dry hair.
That’s all for today.
Will miss you.
See you some another day.
Take very good care of yourself.
Stay healthy- stay safe
Providing simple solutions for complexities of life
Dr Bhumita Makwana
Your Dietitian & Homoeopathic Physician