As an educated and alert mother,
you must be aware of importance of nutrition for your child’s health
“Nutrition” is a very broad term and it involves more than just FOOD
“NUTRITION” also involves FREQUENCY & TIMING of your FOOD.
Being mother you are always worried about your child’s eating pattern.
Here is a question for you-
Think properly and answer-
WHAT IS MORE ACCEPTABLE TO YOU?
A-Your child misses dinner
B-Your child misses breakfast
Most of my patients go for –B.
There are many families,
where children frequently miss their breakfast.
There are some children who never take their breakfast!
However, the parents get concerned only if
their child misses one of the meals -either lunch, or dinner.
Breakfast is your child’s most important meal-
- To play and
- To learn
Just think-Why your child skip breakfast?
- Your child gets up late in the morning
- Then, everything gets hurried-from brushing teeth, to taking bath, to combing hairs, to finding school books…..
- You yourself are feeling time pressure. So, your temper gets high.
- Thus, your child is lack of time and lack of mood to take breakfast.
Because of this scenario, you yourself are not taking good morning breakfast!
The meal that is usually given the least consideration, and
yet which matters a very great deal, is BREAKFAST.
If you and your child take proper and nutritious breakfast
then your performance throughout the day will be excellent.
You won’t feel tired easily.
It will give you good energy.
And, you can tackle everything very calmly without getting irritated
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- Your child should have meals at approximately the same time each day.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner all are must.
- None should be skipped.
- Have small, nutritious snacks in between main meals.
- Try to have at least one meal with whole family every day.
YOUR CHILD LEARN BY OBSERVATION.
HAVE A GOOD BREAKFAST YOURSELF.
BE EXAMPLE FOR YOUR CHILD, NOT AN ADVISOR….
That’s all for today, leave your comments, views or criticism!
I will see you next Tuesday with another Tuesday tip
Providing simple solutions for the complexities of life-
Dr. Bhumita Makwana
Your Dietitian & Cosmetic Clinician