Taking antacids too frequently may lead to some serious health problems…..
- It is natural to have the presence of acid in your stomach.
without acid in your stomach, you cannot digest your
- lack of acidic environment in your stomach interferes in
proper absorption of calcium, folic acid and zinc. As
these nutrients require acidic environment in your stomach
to get assimilated.
- This can lead to some serious health issues even if you
take enough of these nutrients/ minerals in your diet as
if they can not be absorbed, you don’t get benefited.
Deficiency of folic acid leads to:
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Anaemia will weaken your immunity
- &, you can’t afford to have low immunity especially during
this covid pandemic.
Deficiency of calcium leads to:
- Weak bones- osteoporosis
- Muscle pain- muscle cramps
- Irregular heart beats
What can you do about your acidity?
- Stop taking too much of kadha especially in this hot summer
- Click here to watch our in-depth video on acidity. Watch this video till end.
Antacids don’t CURE your acidity. If you are suffering from
too frequent acidity, consult your dietitian. She will prescribe
you a diet that will act as the medicine for your acidity.
That’s all for today
See you next Tuesday
With another Tuesday tip
Till then take care
Providing simple solutions for the complexities of life
Dr Bhumita Makwana
Your Dietitian & Homoeopathic Physician.