Few years ago, the Consumption of frozen food was very less or it was
Very limited. Only few food products like sauces, corn or
green peas were available. But now it is increasing in India
due to various reasons like-
- Easy availability throughout the year regardless the season
- Change in life style
- Increased demand
But beware of these frozen foods as-
- They contain hydrogenated palm oil that
has harmful effects on your health.
- They contain preservatives which are potential carcinogenic
substances (can cause cancer).
- They are high in sodium content.
- They also contain flavour enhancers which are very harmful
for your child’s health. It may affect their hormone level. They may
also affect their mood swing.
What to do?
- Eating frozen food once in a while is ok, but
Don’t make it a habit just because it is easily available.
- Read label before buying any frozen food. Especially
check its sodium and sugar content.
- In India fresh foods are easily available seasonally.
- It is always healthy to have food according to the local seasons.
Beware! Ignorance is not always a bliss.
That’s all for today,
See you next Tuesday with another Tuesday tip.
Providing simple solutions for the complexities of life
Dr Bhumita Makwana
Your dietitian & Homoeopathic physician.