Whether you are newly married, or
are married since decades, the chances are, that
if your spouse is snoring, probably your
sleep is disturbed as well. Maybe you have already
taken it for granted being an accommodative
Indian as far as the noise of snoring is
Concerned. But, are you aware that
because of the snoring, your spouse can have
some really serious health issues?
You should get alert if your spouse is
experiencing any of the following symptoms along with the snoring:
- Memory loss
- Day time sleepiness
- Loss of libido
Why does your spouse have these symptoms?
There are two reasons:
First, because of snoring; your spouse is not getting
enough oxygen throughout the night.
And second, the brain & body have to
work at night when actually they are supposed to
get rest and get rejuvenated for the next day.
In fact, there are some serious health risks
associated with your spouse’s snoring like:
- Snoring increases the risk of fatal heart attack by 250%
- There is 68% greater chance of having a stroke
- A snorer has 40% greater chance of developing high blood pressure.
- There is up to 36% greater chances of developing diabetes.
As you are now aware of the serious health hazards of
snoring, in next tip we will discuss about:
- Different types of snoring
- What can you do at your level for snoring
- When do you need to see a doctor
- What are different treatments available for snoring
- &, what I am doing for my own snoring!
See you next week.
Providing simple solutions for the complexities of life-
Dr. Rakesh Makwana
Your Holistic Dentist