If your hair loss begins at the temples or crown of
the head, you may have male pattern baldness.
There are various reasons for your hair loss. But
for the male pattern baldness, the
common reason is your hormone.
What causes male pattern baldness?
- It is caused by a hormone called dihydroxy testosterone (DTH)
- DTH is a by-product of testosterone.
- DTH shrinks & then kills your hair follicles.
- The less DTH reaches your hair follicles, the more hair you will have.
Hair loss is major issue now a days. You
can take care of your hair with proper nutrition.
So, let see
How your food can be your medicine?
- It protects your follicles.
- Zinc cuts activity of 5- alpha reductase.
- This helps to stop DTH from getting to your hair follicles.
Good vegetarian sources of zinc are:
- Sesame seeds
- Bengal gram whole (desi chana).
Fats are not always bad. Your body do require some good fats.
When you take omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids in
proper ratio, it helps to improve texture, density and
quality of your hair.
Good vegetarian sources of fatty acid are:
- Flax seed oil
- Rice bran oil
Your age and genes are not under your control but,
your food choices are. Make your food habits healthy &
let your food be your medicine.
That’s all for today
See you next Tuesday
With another Tuesday tip
Providing simple solutions for the complexities of life
Dr Bhumita Makwana
Your Dietitian & Homoeopathic Physician.